Monday, October 5, 2009

Rurouni

The eclipse of the sun marks the sky
To see what I see is a rare sight
In the air crickets are the only sound
And the trees have gone to sleep

The moon rose where the sun lies
The clouds acquiescing to its silver light
Their red the city below, south, a spiked mound
And no natural shine its glow can o’er reap

In darkness fiery flame dances gracefully
Lonely light shining brightly under the dark light of the moon
With music and words we inspire ourselves
Sounds of the woods adding harmony to our inspirations

Marvel do the spectators gratefully
They are entranced by the flames hypnotic tune I dream
I can hear the call of Rome’s bells
And the sky will fill with the flags of our nations

Along tracks of green empty fields
Among the dotted lines of moon-night clouds
Songs of older times, for their distance clearer,
Unwound strings of planned out sound return music to nature

By my waist is my sword and my shield
And in my ear rings the cheers of the crowds
But all I saw was scars when I look in the mirror
And I shiver when the oracle predicts a great war

Heart of the young, yearning for peace of all
With blade by my side, I fight in the name of justice
Never-ending life of ending life,
Blood stained hands with blood stained heart

I would answer the champion’s call
And when the night falls it will be just us
Gone is my fantasy; I live in a world of strife
And so I make swordsmanship my art

No comments:

Post a Comment